September 18, 2010

Love is Sweet

My amazing sister, mom, and next door neighbor threw me a bridal shower at my parent’s house.  It was absolutely gorgeous; they had the cutest decorations and most delicious food! Everything turned out perfect and I had such a fun time seeing a lot of people I haven’t seen in way too long.
Photobucket
(Ignore the weird cropping and strange color changes on the invites, that was just me trying to edit the bad picture I took of the invites… they were much cuter in person)

My sister worked for HOURS making these incredibly cute invitations. She definitely deserves an award for the sweetest most talented sister in the world! She cut out each piece of paper and sewed on every single button! She made at least 70 invitations, not to mention she was sick the entire time and half of them got sent back a week before the shower because they needed an extra stamp. (Dumb post office)
Photobucket
Oh Jonny!
Photobucket
A few of the many wonderful people that helped put everything together

Photobucket
My good friend Michelle who I have known since I was little took all the pictures at my shower. We didn’t plan for her to take pictures but she took over my camera and I’m so glad! I probably wouldn’t have half the pictures if it wasn’t for her. I especially love all the candid ones. Thank you Michelle!!
Photobucket
I originally didn’t want a bridal shower because I prefer not being the center of attention. My sister and mom promised we wouldn't play any games or open any gifts; it would just be a “chill” shower hanging out with good food.  I agreed to it and had fun hanging out for the first 15 minutes of the shower…Then my mom and my sister look at each other and start laughing, next thing I know my sister and mom are bringing me all the gifts and gave me no choice but to open them in front of everyone.
Photobucket
Photobucket
As you can see from the above pictures my most embarrassing moment came early when I randomly opened the Victoria Secret box as my second gift (Thanks Lins). After that there wasn’t much left to be embarrassed about and I actually enjoyed opening the rest of the gifts :)
Photobucket
This picture was taken of my sister when I was about to open the above gift.. I should have known to avoid it by the smile on her face.
Photobucket

I can only imagine this picture was taken around the same time as the ones above, or maybe somebody said something extremely funny? (By the way, these are my two moms soon-to-be, aren't they cute?)
Photobucket
Typical boy.. first gift he spots out is the naughty one.
Photobucket
Even this cute little boy joined us for some of the tasty food
Photobucket
This boy is kinda cute too...
Photobucket
 I can't wait to use all these gifts!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Last year for Christmas we got each other the same gift and didn't know it until that morning when we both opened them up.  It was funny to see we had made each other the exact same book, with our own personal touch. This definitely describes our personalities, we finish each others sentences, say the same thing at the exact same time, and we've even started whistling the same tune at the exact same time. These are the times that make us laugh and smile the most and remind us how perfect we are for each other.
Photobucket
The three amazing girls that made this day so special!!
Photobucket
The "Candy Shop"
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Amber drove all the way up from Mesa to be at my shower, she is one of my best friends
and without her Jon and I would have never met... Thanks Amber :)
Photobucket
I'm sad I didn't get any pictures with her but Colleen also put together the bridal shower and did a fabulous job. She has been my neighbor and family friend for as long as I can remember.
(Top right picture in the red shirt)
                                        Photobucket
I love these two girls more than anything! Thank you both for putting so much time and effort into making me feel so special on this day.

5 comments:

Walker Family said...

WOW! Everything looked GREAT Keli! I wish I coulda been there!! That food looks YUMMY!!!

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

You are being way to nice sis...I'm happy for you and I love you!!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh how fun!!! You are too cute! You can never avoid the ones from Victoria Secret, haha! You face is priceless. The decorations are beautiful and the food looks so YUMMY! Looks like you had tons of fun!

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

Your shower looked so fun! Congrats on the engagement!! Marriage is fun:)

VonTana said...

If only I could turn back time! Zoey and I would have come if we would have gotten our invite! Plus you know how I love good food!!! :)