February 14, 2011

Valentines

Sunday afternoon before the big V day I was driving the typical long boring drive back to Gilbert after working in Flag for a few days. I had just talked to J on the phone and told him I was down the street and would be home in just a minute. After I turned the corner onto our street I noticed the garage door was open with my handsome husband standing next to his car, patiently waiting for me. He had a big smile on his face and his arms were folded. I knew at this point he was definitely up to something...

After a sweet welcoming hug and kiss he opened the car door for me and told me we were leaving. We drove approximately 200 yards to the end of our street and parked. Jon opened the trunk of the car and pulled out a blanket with homemade shrimp pasta, Caesar salad, garlic bread, asparagus, and sparkling cider.

{Yes I am lucky, he is romantic AND he can cook}

This is the pretty lake at the end of our street where we had our picnic, we love our little neighborhood.
After our fun picnic I went upstairs and found our room like this...
Can he be any sweeter?
I think not.
If you can't tell from the pictures all of the signs say, "I LOVE YOU!"
There were signs on every door, wall, light fixture, drawer, and closet.
One Hundred and Forty One signs to be exact.
I never wanted to take them down. Ever.
I even made Jon sleep without the ceiling fan on so non of them would fall down.
The sweet-ness never ends... Next to the bed was a bouquet of flowers
and a humorous valentines card (of course)
with lots of sweet words written inside.
Notice the heart suckers laying in front of the card?
I told J when we were shopping at Walmart a few days previous, that the one and only thing I wanted for Valentines Day were those suckers -Glad he listened.
I wasn't kidding when I said there were a lot of signs
bathroom included
plus all of my drawers
oh, and the closet too. {He is always making my life so much fun}
I'm pretty sure I out did him this year by making him this awesome card and cupcakes.
Okay, maybe not. I gave up long ago trying to compete with his cute creative surprises.
For our actual Valentines Day we went dinner at Texas Roadhouse. –Most delicious rolls EVER. We wanted to beat the lovers rush so we left around 5pm and couldn’t help but laugh that we were the ONLY couple in the restaurant under the age of 60. It was fun to see all the cute senior citizens out celebrating the day of love. Luckily we were seated within five minutes and we were done eating before 6pm. We had the rest of the night to spare so we went next door and had our favorite frozen yogurt then spent the rest of the night relaxing at home.

Oh, I almost forgot. Jon also bought me a "Spa Package" gift card which includes facials, body wraps, massages, manicures, pedicures etc. Or you can use it as a "couples package" for a full treatment together :). I definitely chose the couples package, hopefully we can use it soon!
I had some requests to post more pictures of our house and I will soon, I promise.
In the meantime here are two pictures of my very few valentines decorations. My sister gave me this adorable "LOVE" craft, and my mother in-law gave me the cute vinyl quote on the wall.

I was so excited to finally have a holiday to decorate our new house but I didn't have the time or the money to do much decorating.

3 comments:

VonTana said...

When did you turn into such a girly girl?

Keli Call said...

The day I got married and had to grow up :)

Walker Family said...

Ahhh! I love seeing all the pics. You told me about it but it's fun to see how it all turned out!