July 04, 2011

Baby You're a Firework...

This year we celebrated 4th of July in Gilbert which was a whole new experience for me. I've always spent this holiday in Flagstaff where the firework shows rarely happened due to all the fire restrictions.

Friday night my parents and brother came down early and surprised me for my birthday.

Saturday night we had a bbq with some friends of ours that live behind us. My friend Brook and I were talking one day and we decided to set her sister up with my brother. So Derek and Ashley were able to have a blind date at the bbq.

Sunday after church we had our friends over again and we played games at the house including some intense rounds of ping pong.. 

We spent the holiday doing some shopping and met up with our friends again for dinner at Outback, afterwards we had the boys put on a firework show for us. They were so much more entertaining than any firework show I've ever seen. :)
Derek and Kyle getting the fireworks show started
 The girls enjoying the fireworks show put on by the guys





 My cute husband

 Derek and his blind date Ashley
 My cute friend Brook and her husband Kyle

Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

Walker Family said...

Ah! Looks like fun!!! :)

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

What is this?!? An updated post?!?! Looks like you guys had fun...wish we coulda been there!