May 01, 2011

Home Sweet Home

My goal for the last few months has been to post ONE blog post. Yes, only ONE. I knew that was all I could handle and obviously that was even too much for me because it has taken me way too long to post this.

Now that I have finally moved down to Gilbert and started my new job, I have found there is no time for blogging or facebook. I've always done all of my blogging from work, now that I have a new job I just can't seem to find the time for it when I am home. Hopefully I can find a way to blog more.. Until then, here are some pictures of our house taken over the last few months. Sadly, I don't think Jonathan and I have taken a single picture together since we got married but we will work on that.

Front of our house now that it has grass
J loves to BE organized and although he won't admit it, I'm pretty sure he really loves to "organize" anything and everything possible. I came home one day and found all of this stuff that use to be thrown in a box, hung nicely in our garage.
I've been made fun of a few times for this but for some reason I am obsessed with decorating our laundry room. Everywhere we go I always find something I want to buy to decorate the laundry room with. Jon keeps reminding me that nobody ever sees it so it doesnt matter what it looks like. So for now it will stay like this until I finish decorating more important rooms in our house. 
Our laundry room didn't come with cabinets and my parents had just remodeled their kitchen so they gave us their old cabinets, we stained them and put them in our laundry room.
For the last few months Jon has been mowing our neighbors lawn because they didn't have a mower. In return they gave us their pool table... I guess being kind to your neighbors really does pay off.
One of the first things we wanted to get done when we moved into our house was landscape the backyard, as you can see the dirt is not pretty to look at. We finally had it landscaped last month.





Our landscapers were so awesome, they surprised us by planting a garden on the side of our house. We really wanted one so we were really excited to see that they had planted strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, and orange peppers. Plus they did it for free!

3 comments:

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Well it's about DANG time!! Not all of the pictures worked but it's better than nothing! Miss you!

Walker Family said...

Holy cow!! It looks great!! :) I can't wait to see the inside! We're like 10 mins away from each other now...we have to hang out!

Barbara said...

Wow! Your house is beautiful! How exciting for you two! LOVE the backyard landscaping, the grass looks great! So FUN!