November 20, 2010

11.20.10

...was by far the most amazing day of our entire lives.
It was absolutely perfect from start to finish!

When reviewing all the events that took place, we honestly cannot think of a single thing that could have gone better. (This does not include the flights on our honeymoon or all of the reception pictures that our photographer lost....Ugh)

Jon's mom made some delicious Mexican food for our pre-wedding dinner party. All of our close friends and family where there, everything was so wonderful.
(except we all forgot to take pictures. Duh)

My family stayed at a hotel near the temple that night since our wedding was early the next morning.
I figured getting any sleep the night before the wedding would be pointless because I was so anxious and nervous but I slept like a baby, I was shocked!

I woke up at 3:30am for my hair stylist and make-up girl to fix me all up. I was so calm that entire morning and believe it or not I even had time to spare before we had to leave, so I helped my mom finished getting ready. Anyone that knows me well would laugh because I am NEVER on time and everyone is always waiting on me.

My sister is the best, she woke up early to take pictures of the entire
process while I got my hair and make-up done. 
Linsey's turn to get pretty!
As I walked with my family from the parking lot towards the front doors of the temple I could see Jon waiting for me on the front steps. We both smiled at each other from a distance, no matter how hard I tried I could not stop smiling. My first thought was "This is exactly why I am marrying him, he can always make me smile." 

Soon after we were announced husband and wife, and sealed forever and ever. I wasn't even nervous and didn't cry once. This growing up stuff must have turned me into a new woman, I cry about everything. It was such an amazing experience, we were so glad to have our close family and friends with us in the temple to share that moment with us.





I can't help but laugh when I see this picture.. Linda (my mother in law) laughing at her 4 children.. Once you get her started, she can't stop.




After a quick photo shoot with everyone we went to the park across the street from the Temple for an easy lunch before everyone had to rush up to Flagstaff to set up for the reception that night.  The weather was so perfect!
J and I enjoyed our drive as husband and wife back to Flagstaff talking about how perfect everything had gone and how many things still needed to be done for our reception in just a few hours. We laughed and smiled all day long, we couldn't have been more happy!

Once we got to my parents house there were people rushing everywhere finishing the food and setting up the tables. J and I helped set everything up until the very last minute then we hurried and changed back into our wedding clothes so we could greet all of our guests. Our reception turned out better than I could have ever imagined, it was perfect. Everything from the cold weather, delicious food, winter wonderland decorations, and our very favorite "hot chocolate bar". 

We had our reception outside in 32 degree weather and that is EXACTLY how I wanted it! Everyone was bundled up with warm jackets, gloves, hats, scarves etc. We had a bonfire in the middle of all the tables, hot drinks when you first walked into the reception, tiki torches, heat lamps, and another small bonfire next to J and I as we stood in line.



























The two hours standing in at our reception was the fastest two hours of our lives. We never left our line once, several people brought us some food while we stood there. Once 7 o'clock came around we changed out of our wedding clothes and ran out the door to leave for our honeymoon. Someone quickly reminded us that I still needed to throw my bouquet and cut our cake. Umm.. How did we even forget that? Thus the reason all of our cake cutting and bouquet throwing pictures are inside my parents house with very few people.







My best friend Amber caught the bouquet and J's best friend Scott caught the garter belt. Although they were some of the only single people still at the reception. We secretly hope that they will fall madly in love some day! :)

On our way out, we were pelted with rice. This was a bitter sweet part of the night. It was such a relief to have all the months of stress finally be over, but so sad for the night to end.
We should have known better and hid our car. I'm still wondering what "3 pump chump" means? :)
When we left the reception, it was still chilly outside, but little did we know that the weather was about to shift. Within one hour of the reception ending, a blizzard started and this is what my parent's yard looked like the following morning!! We were extremely blessed that the weather stayed perfect for our reception.

4 comments:

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

9 months later...it's about time! Glad you finally posted about it! Miss you!

Walker Family said...

I love all the pictures!! Fun to see it all again....I'm just wondering...those pics of me in line getting food...is that the 2nd or 3rd time going back for meatballs? LOL! You guys are too cute!

VonTana said...

Um, are you sure you didn't cry? Not even once? :)

Ali said...

I LOVED seeing the photos from your wedding. Seriously, you looked so gorgeous. What a perfect day and I can't believe you missed that storm by a few hours.