June 04, 2010

Cruisin' with the Rich and Famous

We had some extra time before bording for our cruise so we spent it walking around a shopping area in Long Beach. Apparently I don’t get out of Flagstaff much because there were TONS of strange/scary looking people everywhere! I thought it was ghetto but Jon informed me thats how all BIG cities are. (Good to know) Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Bording the ship only took 30 mins which was much faster than I expected. We got there the earliest they would allow us, so we had most of the day to play before the ship left the doc. As you can see by my half eaten ice cream cone, once we got on we went straight for the food!! Photobucket We were so excited to go down the water slide but it was never warm enough to get in the water. Photobucket Next we had a few friendly games of ping pong! Or maybe they weren't so friendly? We got a little crazy but I still hold the offical ping pong champion title!! Photobucket Then of course we had to get our tan on.... Except it was freezing cold, so we drank hot chocolate while we layed out. Photobucket At dinner we were assigned to a table with 4 other couples for the rest of the cruise. We were all close in age and had a lot to talk about which made it fun. Photobucket For our appetizer and main course we would order anything on the menu and as much of it as we wanted. Then for dessert our waiter brought us everything!! The dessert was always my favorite especially the key lime pie and chocolate melting cake with vanilla ice cream. My second favorite thing that I had never tasted before was strawberry bisque soup! It was served as an appetizer and it tasted like a cold strawberry milkshake. Photobucket The first cruise I went on I got REALLY sick and ended up throwing up the entire last day. So this time I came prepared with a motion sickness patch prescribed by my doctor to put behind my ear. Little did I know this patch was just as bad! I put it on right when we got on the ship, by dinner the first night I felt completely out of it; I was SO thirsty with a dry mouth, I felt so tired, and my vision got so bad I couldn’t see close up (similar to having my eyes dilated). At 8:00 when dinner was over I told Jon I needed to take a nap before we could go do anything that night because the patch was making me sleepy. Once I got back to our room I fell right to sleep and slept for ten and a half hours!! Poor Jon was bored the entire first night and stayed up watching "Wipeout" while I slept. Needless to say I took the patch off the next morning and I felt so much better. Photobucket The next morning we got off in Ensenada, we planned on staying in town for a few hours but we quickly changed our minds when nobody else stayed in town. Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket We were the only people walking around the streets of Ensenada, so we decided to get on a tour bus with everyone else and go up to the famous “blow hole”. We spent the day bargaining with the Mexicans, taking pictures, and eating some not so tasty Mexican food. -Although we did have a delicious pina colada that we drank out of a carved pineapple. Photobucket Jon was brave enough to test out the ghetto slide inside the restaurant Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket These were some of the cute towel animals they left in our room every night Photobucket When we got back from Ensenada we had to hurry and get ready for our “formal” dinner night. It was so much fun to get all dressed up, it felt like prom night all over again! Photobucket Because I slept the entire first night, we had to go out and have fun the second night! We went over to the auditorium after dinner to watch some dance show, we got there a few minutes before it started and got some really good seats. While we were waiting they were selling Bingo tickets for $10. Almost everyone waiting bought tickets and the winner would receive $500 dollars! There were a few hundred people that bought tickets but we both decided we didn’t want to spend the money because neither of us has ever won anything. Photobucket After the ticket line got shorter and shorter Jon decided to go get us a ticket anyway, he was the last person in line after being a gentleman and letting another guy get in front of him. Once the bingo game started, the announcer said the game would not be called “Bingo” this time; instead it would be called “B.O” Once someone had all the letters below the B, and the O, they had to jump up and yell “I’ve got B.O”! I’m sure you can guess where this story is going… We ended up winning and we were both so excited; we have never won anything, ever- especially 500 dollars!!! Photobucket After the excitement of our BIG win, we watched the cheesy dance show we were originally waiting for. We’re pretty positive all the guys in it were gay, It was very similar to watching the kid TV show “Wiggles” The next night at dinner we were famous for being the Bingo winners, the 4 couples we ate with every night were there too and watched us win :) Photobucket The next day was a fun day at sea. The boat was parked in the middle of the ocean and never moved until late that night. We layed out, ate a lot of food, and just enjoyed our last day!! Each morning we tried to run a few laps around the track to burn off some of the food we ate. This morning we decided to played a game of miniture golf and I believe I won... again :) Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket The cruise was SO much fun, very relaxing, with lots of delicious food! We can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

It's about time you update your dang blog! Looks like you guys had fun...like always! Cute pictures!

VonTana said...

I have my guess of who was brave enough to yell that they had B.O. and one of you probably wouldn't do it even for $500...

Mr. Fish said...

Looks like you guys had fun. You are such camera whores! :)